4.03.2010

ode de burger ...


Having grown up on the East Coast I never had the opportunity to experience In-N-Out Burger - it was a fabled happy place, made slightly familiar through cameos on The OC.


As mentioned in some earlier posts, I'm spending time in Southern California with my older sister, my brother and law and my incredibly adorable niece ... who likes to wake up at 5 am. Over the past two weeks I've actually come to embrace this ultra-early rise mentality, but breakfast at around 5:30 relegates lunch to breakfast's former hour. 

So this is how we found ourselves at In-N-Out Burger at approximately 10:10 am on Thursday, ready to inhale our #2s (cheeseburger, fries and a diet coke). This was not only my first In-N-Out experience, but my very first cheeseburger. Crazy, I know.


This is a "Double Double" meal - I was intimidated by it.

I've never really been a big fan of burgers, especially fast food burgers, but this was seriously the best burger I've ever had before. I also didn't really feel like I was giving myself a coronary which was comforting. I love the simplicity of In-N-Out and the fact that they only have three items on their menu, not to mention the fact that they have a quasi-secret menu:


So I've decided to learn a bit more about my beloved burger's history:

{My sister's recommendation}

I just read a completely braindead book which was preceded by terribly traumatic book - I figure this will be neither braindead nor traumatic, just yummy.

In other news, Jen is here, as in Jen the Hippie, as in daughter of David and Florence Ella Marie Ferriola. It's all happening.

Images via www.in-n-out.com & www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment