3.04.2010

newfound loves ...


There's so much to post and so little time! The Great Barrier reef was too awesome for words but I'm attempting to put it into words/pictures in a photo-intensive post that is soon to come ...

After arriving home in Sydney last night, I went to see the "late" showing of Tom Ford's debut film, A Single Man. It was by far the most aesthetically pleasing film I have ever seen before - like an hour and forty minutes of the most beautiful, intricately composed high-fashion ad.




Not to mention there was Matthew Goode ... who may or may not be #3 on my list ...



And crazy 60's hair and makeup



And heartbreakingly handsome boys in sweaters



And more awesome 60's hair


While I don't think it's a film that I could watch multiple times (partly because it's quite heavy), I definitely think it's worth seeing. I absolutely loved the way that Ford played around with color and sound to enhance the mood ... not to mention the incredible clothing, but what else would you expect? If you dream of living in Southern California in the early 60's - which I often do - then this is most definitely for you!


In other media ...
Not only did I go snorkeling for the first time ever last week, I also got to read two incredible books whilst lounging on the beach. Life is a drag, I know.

The first was City of Thieves by David Benioff and I can hardly describe how amazing this story is. It takes place during World War II and follows two young Russian soldiers on a hunt for a dozen eggs. It ranks among my top ten favorite books.



I know that I'm about two years behind on this one, but I finally got the chance to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson which was incredibly addictive to say the least. I finished the last page just as our plane pulled up to the gate in Sydney - impeccable timing, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to see the movie and read the other two books!


I'm gearing up for lots of travelling soon - any book recommendations would be so greatly appreciated!

Images via www.allmoviephotos.com
www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment